Have your Teen Join PV Teens!
PV Teens is a meaningful way for your teens to step out of their daily routines and learn from others’ experiences and circumstances. It's also a great opportunity to earn volunteer hours for school.
Recommended for children 13 and older. Free for teens to participate.
A MESSAGE TO PV TEENS:
Are you looking for PV Juniors to submit for the Presidential Volunteer Service Award? If so, please read below and follow the steps:
PV Teens' hours are counted by calendar year. Therefore, they are counted from January 1 to December 31. Sandra Wang will submit your hours by February 28 for Presidential Service Award eligibility. The Presidential Service Award criteria requires that the volunteer hours cannot be lump sum hours. Each date, hours, and type of service must be recorded separately. For instance, if you perform library service every week or TA each week at the same place, each volunteer opportunity must be broken down by date, service (time) and (description), even if each week is the same. Also, please remember that your service hours can ONLY COUNT ONCE. Example: You belong to both Los Hermanos and PV Junior Teens and you worked 5 hours at the PV Junior Holiday Event. You can decide if you want to turn in the 5 hours toward Los Hermanos or PV Junior Teens, but not both. Only one volunteer agency can submit for your Presidential Volunteer Service Award each year. For example, if Los Hermanos is submitting your hours for the Presidential Award, you cannot ask PV Juniors to submit you for the same service year.
To be eligible for Sandra Wang to submit you for your Presidential Volunteer Service Award, your mother must be either an active PV Juniors member or an alumni.
Here are the steps to register and input your service hours:
1. Go to the President’s Volunteer Service Award home page located at: http://www.presidentialserviceawards.gov/
2. Under the "Get Involved" drop-down menu, click Volunteers.
3. Complete the teen's profile and set a password (please make sure the birthday is included for age appropriate eligibility).
PV Junior Teens' primary focus is Healthy Futures. The secondary focus is Economic Opportunity and Other: Civic and Community.
4. When you start inputting the service hours, there is a place to link the volunteers to PV Juniors. PV Junior's ROS (record of service) number is: MJD-61059.
5. VERY IMPORTANT** Please scan your service record/signed forms, and email to Sandra Wang by February 28, 2019. Let her know if you need PV Juniors to submit your service hours for the Presidential Service Award. Please note, Sandra Wang WILL NOT automatically submit for the award unless she hears from you and receives the completed and signed document. She will tell you the cost of the medal/awards after verifying your hours and receiving your scanned form. You may use the tracking form below to track your service hours and signatures or another form that you are already using.
PLEASE NOTE: You may only use your service hours for one organization’s awards. For example, if you want PV Juniors to submit for the Presidential Service Award, you cannot submit the same hours again for another service organization's awards.